The Missouri Development Finance Board has made available, effective immediately, 50% tax credits to individuals and businesses who contribute toward the renovation of the former US Bank building which has been purchased by the Salem Public Library. Any contributions of $250 or more will be eligible for these tax credits. $200,000 worth of tax credits were awarded to the library to help create a facility that will serve the citizens of the Salem community for this and future generations.
All contributions are appreciated and will be used only for this renovation project. Download and complete Missouri Form 100 and mail to Missouri Development Finance Board along with your contribution. If you have any questions contact Glenda Wofford, Director, at 573-729-4331.
- Non-City Residents are charged a $40.00 annual membership per household
- Lost cards are replaced for $1.00
- Those under 18 must have a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian
- You must present your library card every time you check out
- Overdue fines of $.05 per item per day are charged
- Lost or damaged items are charged at replacement cost
- A patron’s library account must be in good standing to check out and/or use the internet
- Missing barcodes are replaced at $1.00 each
- Items may be renewed one time each for the same length as the original checkout period
Renewals may be made in person or by phone
- Magazines may not be renewed
Friends of the Library
Look around the Salem Public Library and you will see all kinds of gifts from Friends of the Library!
- Audio Cassette Tapes
- Video Tapes
- Children’s Books
- Adult Books
- Reference Material
Friends of the Library also provides financial support for equipment purchases, publicity funding, and volunteer activities. These gifts are made possible by the support of people like you — people who find the Library a special and unique place.
As a Friend of the Library, you will receive a yearly newsletter mailed to your home or office and the pleasure of knowing that the library is even more special because of Friends like you!
Books On The Run
Books on the Run is a cooperative program of the Salem Public Library and Enrichment Services of Dent County, Inc. It is a home delivery and pickup service for home bound residents of Dent County. For more information please call the Library at 573-729-4331.